Criteria For Individual Grant Recipients
The Esther Cannizzo Junior Golf Foundation (ECJGF) is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization dedicated to positively affecting youth by promoting interest and participation in the game of golf.
The ECJGF’s Grant program provides financial assistance to young men and women who are in need and wish to further their golf opportunities with coaching, tournament entries and equipment.
To be considered for the ECJGF Grant Program, all candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be between the ages of 12-18.
- Candidates must be recommended to the foundation by local PGA Professionals, Guidance Counselors and Teachers, School Golf Coaches or Persons in the Golf Community
- Candidate must possess clear goals (e.g. competitive in tournaments, play high school/college golf, turn professional)
- Candidates must possess a standard of values consistent with the game of golf (i.e. integrity, average or better school grades, dedicated worker, student of the game of golf)
- Candidates must clearly establish their need for financial assistance.
- Candidates must provide supporting documents in order to verify their financial standing.
All candidates who satisfy the above requirements are eligible to apply for the ECJGF Grant Program. Successful candidates will likely possess a USGA or other comparable measurement of a handicap of 19 or less. The final selection of recipients is decided by the ECJGF Board of Directors. Each candidate can apply for the ECJGF Grant at any time during the course of the season. Grants will be awarded to qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.